Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Living in the here and now: an exercise in trusting God

Wow, 4 weeks go so fast, and it's time for another pregnancy picture!


There's a bit more of a tummy there, and there's definitely someone in there who's been amusing me with their little kicks. That really is such a fun part of being pregnant (at least so far, before baby is jabbing me in the ribs!)

I keep waiting to have something super exciting to post about, but to be honest, right now I feel at times like I am living in the "day to day" drudge. The last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster and at times very discouraging. First I found out that one of the standard blood tests they run when you're pregnant came back as a false positive, and my OB-GYN wants me to see a specialist. Then, Dan and I found out that insurance from his new job won't kick in until he's been employed for 6 months, not 90 days. Which.... puts it at the beginning of August. We're not quite sure of all the details and if it will be starting in time to cover the cost of the hospital. I also found out today that my mom is still pretty sick with Lyme Disease. When your hormones are raging... and you're already doing the normal worrying stuff about the baby... it all feels pretty darn overwhelming.

What I'm starting to realize is that these are really good opportunities (!) to trust God. In pretty much all of these situations, I am helpless and absolutely dependent on the Lord. I have to keep reminding myself that's a good place to be! As a friend of mine has said, "It will be exciting to see what the Lord is going to do."

Leaning on His grace day by day,
Stephanie

2 comments:

VersieLou said...

wow!!! I love seeing your belly pictures!! Keep 'em coming! Time has gone so fast! It seems like just yesterday we were sitting at the dinner table and "some guy" spilled a drink all over your favorite pants!!! ;0) I'm so happy for both of you!

Unknown said...

Stephy, hang in there. I totally understand raging hormones and how badly it tweaks your body and mind. Just take it to God. I am in need of that constant reminder but slowly I am continuing to get there. How bad is your mom? Keep me posted on you and the baby too!!!! Much love.